JobID 2592 : Grade 5 Teacher (#1825894)
Elementary General Education Teacher - Grade 5
Location: Eisenhower Intermediate School.
- Appropriate New Jersey Teacher certificate.
- Such additional qualifications as the Board of Education may deem appropriate.
The teacher is directly responsible to the building principal(s) or designee..
The teacher, adhering to the official curriculum, Board policy and administrative regulations, guides and instructs students so that they may achieve the district’s outcome goals. In carrying out this function, the teacher works cooperatively with such personnel as department chairpersons, district supervisors and members of the Department of Student Personnel Services.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Ten- month contract consistent with the agreement negotiated with the applicable bargaining unit.
Based on the performance of responsibilities identified in this position description and the criteria and procedures of the applicable evaluation policy. See Policy 4118, Evaluation of Tenured Teaching Staff Members and 4119, Evaluation of Non-Tenured Teaching Staff Members.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of subject matter.
- Directs instruction toward district outcome and process goals and instructs students in accordance with district courses of study.
- Shows competency in planning, record keeping, and evaluating students by activities such as:
- Developing and maintaining long term and daily written lesson plans based on student needs, interests and abilities.
- Developing and maintaining accurate records of student progress indicative of an ongoing evaluation process.
- Using the same criteria for assessment (diagnostic/prescriptive process) and evaluating all students with provision made for individual differences.
- Completing required teacher/administrative reports promptly and accurately.
- Shows ability to organize a classroom for learning by activities such as:
- Using instructional materials carefully and intelligently.
- Providing for student’s individual levels of achievement, abilities, and interests.
- Creating an environment conducive to student development and execution of programs and projects.
- Arranging relevant instructional materials and displays so they are conducive to use by students.
- Demonstrates effective teaching techniques by activities such as:
- Using varied instructional methods adjusted to course content, materials, and student characteristics/abilities.
- Integrating into instructional process major concepts from other disciplines.
- Clarifying assignments given to students so that purposes and directions are understood.
- Making homework and out-of-class assignments meaningful and reasonable.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with students by activities such as;
- Instructing individuals based upon their specific needs, interests, and abilities while making provisions for appropriate large and small group instruction.
- Implementing fair, firm, and consistent disciplinary procedures.
- Promoting individual choice and self-direction as well as cooperative planning and decision-making within a defined frame of reference.
- Encouraging and facilitating orderly discussions and other classroom activities.
- Acting in a kind, cordial and courteous manner toward students.
- Plans and conducts effective parent/guardian conferences and maintains cooperative parent/guardian relationships.
General Professional Responsibilities
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of English by communicating with reasonable clarity, conciseness, and precision in both speaking and writing.
- Participates in solving classroom and school problems and seeks resolutions through appropriate channels.
- Cooperates in the total school program by:
- Sharing responsibility for care of materials, equipment, and classroom;
- Sharing responsibility for students’ behavior throughout the building;
- Working with colleagues to improve the effectiveness of the total school program;
- Participating in school activities.
- Cooperates in curriculum development and evaluation activities by participating in the planning and implementation of programs.
- Establishes and follows an individual program of professional renewal in such areas as:
- How children learn;
- Current approaches to discipline;
- Alternative instructional strategies;
- Updated curriculum materials;
- Current theory and practice in his/her field.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties and responsibilities incidental to the position or as assigned by the building principals(s) or designee.
Appropriate NJ certification(s) required. Special Education certification preferred.
Apply online at www.brrsd.org, "Employment Opportunities".