JobID 1148 : Paraprofessional (#1824086)
A paraprofessional at a college preparatory charter high school assists, supports, and works closely with teachers, administrators, and other team members in providing educational benefit for students.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
- Assists the certified staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning materials and skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Monitors work, corrects papers, and supervises curriculum-based testing and makeup work as assigned by the certified staff.
- Performs clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties as assigned by the certified staff.
- Alerts the certified staff to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods, passing periods, and on field trips.
- When requested, serves as a resource person to the General Education Intervention Team and/or IEP Team.
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
- Participates in in-service training programs as approved.
- Performs other such duties / assignments as directed by the certified staff.
- Assists as directed by certified staff in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP Team.
- Effectively collects student data and documentation.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Serves on staff committees, IEP teams, Intervention Assistance Teams, grade level teams, and curriculum teams as required.
- Assists with a one hour after-school elective once per week (electives are based on teacher/student interest).
- Available to students one hour, twice per week for after-school tutoring.
- Assists with student hallway, lunch room, and/or parking lot monitoring before, during, and/or after school as assigned by administration.
- Meet Michigan paraprofessional requirements
- Michigan Teacher Certification (preferred)
Apply online at www.prepnetschools.com
Positions will remain posted until filled