JobID 5202 : Nutrition Services Worker (Multiple Locations) (#1822634)
DESCRIPTION: Perform functions related to the preparation and serving of food in a school environment. Keep work area and equipment clean and sanitary.
This is a posting for multiple locations including: Vikan Middle, Southeast Elementary, Brighton High, Prairie View Middle, Prairie View High, Quist Middle, and Riverdale Ridge High.
SALARY: Classified, Grade C, $12.08 - $13.88 per hour, depending on recent relevant experience. 4-5.75 hours per day, Tuesday through Friday. 9 month work schedule. Position is not eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in preparing meals following instructions on standardized recipes, including operating various types of institutional equipment used in food preparation or cleaning and complying with federal, state, and local guidelines for sanitation and child nutrition programs.
- Portion food correctly to meet federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Wash trays, utensils, dishes, pans, etc. used in food preparation or service.
- Mop, sweep, and clean kitchen work area, equipment, and other facilities as required.
- Two years of high school, vocational school, or equivalent on-the-job training.
- Basic math, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Ability to deal with children and children with special needs.
- Must be able to pass a post offer, pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: No experience required.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
REPORTS TO KITCHEN MANAGER AND NUTRITION SERVICES COORDINATOR ///// SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ///// DIRECT BANKING REQUIRED ///// AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ///// SCHOOL DISTRICT 27J NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION. No otherwise qualified student, employee, applicant for employment or member of the public shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination under any district program or activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, disability or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age and genetic information is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law. Any person having inquiries concerning the District's non-discrimination policies should contact: General Counsel, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601, (303) 655-2900 for inquiries regarding Section 504 and the ADA. Contact Chief Human Resources Officer, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601.