JobID 4710 : Financial Analyst (#1818962)
Position Title: Financial Analyst
Position Department: Finance
Reports To: Director of Finance
Schedule & Location: Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM Chandler, AZ
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the financial planning and analysis of the organization. This includes, but is not limited to, annual budgets, forecasts, and monthly analysis of budget vs actuals. This is a key, strategic role and will report to the Director of Finance.
- Prepare detailed analysis of trends, budget vs. actuals, etc.
- Develops and provides proactive reporting analysis, and communication to Key Stakeholders.
- Researches specific/unusual items in revenues and expenses.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develops and maintains monthly, quarterly, and annual dashboards for Key Stakeholders.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual State budgets.
- Prepares forecasts/projections and provides management with analysis and suggestions.
- Works cross-functionally with other departments to provide support in business and financial analytics.
- Assists in other finance related projects and ad-hoc analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field of study from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- 0-4 years of experience in the field or in related field.
- Experience in the education industry a plus.
- Advanced MS Excel (Pivot Tables, Macros, VBA, etc.)
- Experience with Adaptive Software Suite preferred.
- Excellent analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with varying levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Experience building and giving presentations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership ability and credibility with peers and management.
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times.
- Travel between campuses is required from time to time.
- This position requires the need to lift objects (up to 25 pounds) on occasion.
- This position may require sitting for long periods at times, talking on the phone, standing, kneeling, stooping and long periods of concentration.