JobID 4708 : Permanent Substitute-North Valley (#1817798)
Reports To: Principal
Length of Assignment: 10 months
To provide direct instruction using a Back-to-Basics curriculum including Spalding (reading & writing), Saxon Math, Science, and Social Studies for any Teachers that are absent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Teaches Spalding (reading & writing), Saxon Math, Science, and Social Studies, utilizing provided curriculum.
- Follows lesson plans and instructional materials and provides direct instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Provides a safe structured environment, focusing on Patriotism and Character Building, using a Positive Discipline Program.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state testing program.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Arizona Substitute Teaching Certificate
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card