JobID 345 : Paraprofessional - Cafeteria, 3 hrs per day (#1814101)
Job | Posted 6 days ago
QUALIFICATIONS and DUTIES:
- Must meet NCLB qualifications for paraprofessionals. This requires one of the following: Proof of an Associate’s degree or equivalent credit hours, OR official transcript or statement of WorkKeys test results OR ETS ParaPro Assessment with a passing score of 460 or higher.
- Experience working with Pre-K-12 students is preferred.
- Ability to use age-appropriate tones and language with students, including those with special needs.
- Establish and maintain a daily routine suitable for the student’s needs, adjusting as needed.
- Ability to function effectively and collaborate regularly as a member of an instructional team.
- An excellent work attendance is required.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Support classroom instruction to ensure student learning if needed.
- Ability to process paperwork if needed.
- Ability to supervise students during recess periods.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop positive relationships with parents, students and staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Though it is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements of all Parapro positions, the general content of and requirements for the performance of a Paraprofessional are noted below:
- Must be able to bend, squat, and sit on the floor in working with students. Must be able to stand for long periods. The ability to lift students if needed in special needs assignments.
- Ability to work in an environment where the noise level is generally moderate, but can be high at times and temperatures are varied.
Note to New Employees: Pursuant to PA 131, the selected candidate must receive clearance from the Michigan State Police Department prior to the offer of employment. The candidate is responsible for the background check fee.
Kenowa Hills Public Schools
2325 4 MILE RD NW, GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49544-9703
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,292 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 199