JobID 9355 : School Secretary (#1806401)
School Secretary,Chappelow Arts Magnet School
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified – Secretarial/ Clerical
(Negotiable based on experience) $15.96 per hour plus benefits
Reports to: School Principal
Contract Length/ Days: (2019-2020/204 days)
Date Posted: September 13, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled
Applicant screening will begin no later than 09/20/2019. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
High School Diploma/GED
Medicine Module (training provided)
Two years’ experience in responsible secretarial/office work utilizing computer systems
CPI training (training provided)
CPR/First Aid (training provided)
Any other combination of related education, experience, and training
Performs a variety of secretarial duties for an academic department of an elementary school, middle school or high school. Duties include answering phones and routing calls, maintaining department records, maintaining calendars, and composing and editing written materials.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in gathering data and prepares reports including state and federal government reports. Develops reporting forms and procedures.
- Checks computer printout reports for accuracy and recommends problem resolution.
- Basic maintenance of office equipment and ordering of supplies.
- Orders supplies.
- Types and formats correspondence, reports and publications and other written materials utilizing word processing and data processing computer software.
- Use a variety of computer formats to compose correspondence for own or another's signature.
- Coordinates schedules, and maintains school calendars.
- Acts as a back-up to office manager when absent.
- Provides information to the public on a limited basis regarding department and district programs and policies.
- Supervises leadership students working in the office.
- Operates personal computer and standard office equipment. May train new personnel in the operation of equipment.
- Maintains office inventory.
- Maintains cumulative record file for each student. Enrolls new and transfer students and updates records accordingly.
- Answers calls, receives visitors, and takes messages. Serves as school receptionist.
- Collects inputs and monitors student attendance. Makes calls to parents of students who are an unexcused absence. Monitors tardy and unexcused absences and refers to principal if either is in excess.
- Order supplies.
- Types correspondence, email, and newsletters and other written materials utilizing word processing and data processing computer software.
- Copies and distributes newsletter and flyers.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
Ability to perform routine secretarial tasks without direction from supervisor. Knowledge of basic and routine office management principles and practices. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and community. Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook. Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, or Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint as well as other job-appropriate software applications. E-mail, Infinite Visions. Knowledge of project management principles, practices, policies and procedures. Flexibility and excellent public relations skills are of utmost importance. Proficient in the operation of word processing and other office equipment. Proficient in business English, spelling, and office procedures. Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to be flexible and handle multiple tasks and interruptions. Ability to create, compose and edit basic, routine and complex written materials. Ability to apply organizational structure, workflow and operating procedures. Ability to perform all functions of the position. Ability to perform basic health clerk duties; i.e. giving meds, giving first aid, etc. Enjoys working with children, parents, and the public. Bilingual skills a must.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.