JobID 191 : Certified- Remediation Specialist (#1805701)
Job Title: Remediation Specialist
Credentials: Current Oklahoma Teaching Certificate with endorsements for the appropriate level/subject area.
Education: Master’s Degree in Elementary Education.
Training or experience required: 3 years of teaching experience.
Reports to: Building Administrator
Contract: 182 days
Salary Schedule: Certified Salary Schedule.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with students one-on-one and in small groups.
- Assist students in need of additional academic support.
- Provide explicit instruction and opportunities for practice for students in need of remediation.
- Administer assessments; conduct data analysis, measure student growth.
- Assist Classroom teacher with remediation differentiated classroom lessons.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Successful performance of the job requires good customer service/people skills and to handle problems and provide information and technical assistance as requested. It requires complying with safety guidelines and policies to reduce accident or injury to staff or to students. It requires following school dress standards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concerns for staff. Creativity, initiative and effective problem solving are critical to the success of the position.Help manage the computerization of school district operations. Provide training and support to district staff in the use of administrative computer systems. Perform such tasks to the ultimate benefit of the educational program. An incumbent in this position will utilize discretion, ingenuity and independent judgment due to the complexity of the job. Since there may be several ways to solve a problem, an incumbent is free to choose the solution.