JobID 12090 : Early Childhood Screening Nurse (#1800312)
Position: Early Childhood Screening Nurse
Work Schedule: 12-20 Hours per week which includes 1-2 evenings and 1 Saturday Per month
Start Date: ASAP
Pay : $26.53 per hour
Administer vision and hearing screenings with children who are 3 – 5 years old and conduct a summary interview with the parent(s)/guardian(s) to review the results of Early Childhood Screening.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform vision and hearing screenings with 3 – 5 year-old children
- Score and Review Social/Emotional Questionnaire completed by parent(s)/guardian(s).
- Conduct a summary interview with parent(s)/guardian(s) to review the results of Early Childhood Screening.
- Refer for assessment, diagnosis and treatment when potential needs are identified.
- Respond to parenting concerns as they relate to the child’s health and development.
- Provide information about appropriate community resources (resources provided).
- Participate as a member of the Early Childhood Screening Team in training, in-service and evaluation.
ISD 622 is a community collaborative dedicated to educating and empowering all learners to excel in our changing world. As an Early Childhood Screening Nurse in our learning environment, the individual will primarily work indoors in a church classroom or a dedicated screening room. An incumbent in this position must follow all ISD 622 safety procedures including wearing required personal protective equipment as required in these circumstances.
- Registered Nurse
- Experience working with families
- Relates well to young children and displays an understanding of early childhood development
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Familiarity with ISD 622 schools and communities
- Registered Nurse or Licensed School Nurse
- Licensed Public Health Nurse/degree
- Experience in Early Childhood Screening.
- Knowledge of ISD 622 Community Resources
ISD 622 Universal Competencies:
- Accountability — Accept personal and shared accountability for the results of our work with learners
- Integrity — Demonstrate the core values of openness, honesty and integrity in every interaction
- Excellence — Seek excellence and attain high levels of achievement in every endeavor
- Achievement — Focus on the results of action (learning) and not the action itself (teaching)
- Courage — Do what needs to be done because it is the right thing to do
- Teamwork — Willing to collaborate
- Respect — Respect every individual and provide high levels of service for internal and external customers