Occupational Therapist for the 2020-2021 School Year
Develops and implements a program for facilitation, restoration and/or maintenance of optimum independence in students with disabilities whose adaptive skills and/or effective functioning in the environment have been impaired.
- Performs functions in the following areas:
- General development.
- Self-help or self-care.
- Needs for individual and environmental adaptations.
- Functional mobility.
- Motor skills and musculoskeletal system.
- Sensory motor integrative skills.
- Pre-vocational and vocational skills.
- Serves as a member of an interdisciplinary team whose purpose is to provide an appropriate educational program for the student with disabilities.
- Maintains essential records necessary to the efficient operation of the program including student data.
- Keeps abreast of recent developments in occupational therapy and shows evidence of continuing professional growth.
- Maintains a close liaison with teachers, parents, other therapists, and medical doctors, as appropriate.
- Adheres to the American Occupational Therapy Association Code of Ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the director of special services or designee.
- Applicant should hold or be eligible for a Virginia Collegiate Professional or Post-Graduate Professional License with a specific endorsement in the area to which assigned
- Applicant with teaching experience must have an acceptable rating from such teaching
- Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited college or university
- Possess or be eligible to acquire appropriate license(s) and/or endorsement(s) for position as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia and School Board
How to Apply: Click on the link below to apply. Follow all instructions to complete a Licensed application