Burch Creek Elementary - (5.75 hrs.) PT ESL Instructional Aide (#1799492)
A position has been declared open in the Weber School District at Burch Creek Elementary for an ESL Instructional Aide. This position is for 5.75 hours per day, 9 months per year. Weber District employees may send a resume to the principal directly. Applicants outside the District may apply on Teachers-Teachers.com. Files will be reviewed before interviews are scheduled.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED, AFTER A MINIMUM OF 3 WORKING DAYS
Purpose Statement The job of ESL Aide was established for the purpose/s of performing classroom and non-classroom translation tasks and serving as a resource to other school personnel requiring assistance with non-English speaking persons.
Essential Functions: • Administers homework, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of reinforcing materials or skills based on a understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities.
• Confers with teacher, counselor, administrator, student and/or parents as may be required for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information regarding students' activities and progress.
• Implements instructional programs and lesson plans for the purpose of assisting the ESL and classroom teacher in improving students' academic success through a defined course of study.
• Instructs students individually or in groups with lesson assignments (e.g. modifying lessons, tutoring, etc.) for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
• Monitors individual and/or groups of students in various activities (e.g. classroom, library, playground activities, field trips, assemblies, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
• Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. maintaining student records, scheduling, copying, translating lesson materials, scoring language assessment tests, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the ESL teacher and/or administrator in providing necessary records/materials.
• Serves a resource between the family, student and district for the purpose of responding to inquiries, coordinating meetings, and referring to community agencies.
Other Functions • Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Must be proficient in required second language; translating written documents; operating standard office equipment using pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records. Must have knowledge of application of ESL instruction/tutorial procedures and processes; age appropriate activities; fluency in second language; and stages of child development. Must be able to communicate with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; establishing effective working relationships; and adapting to changing work priorities.
Experience: Job related experience is desired. Education: High School diploma or equivalent.