JobID 4661 : Assistant Principal - West Surprise 2020/2021 (#1799051)
The Assistant Principal assists the Principal to fulfill his/her chief responsibility of promoting the educational well-being of each student within the school. This position has supervisory responsibility and creates a unifying workforce vision that brings Team Member Development, Performance Management, and Succession Planning together. The Assistant Principal must have a flexible schedule in order to work hour’s necessary to fulfill his/her job requirements.
Essential Assistant Principal Duties
Assists in the overall administration of the school, with a strong commitment to the activities and operations associated with Junior High students, teachers and parents, with other specific duties as assigned by the principal. All job duties below are in coordination with the site principal.
- School Level Standardized Testing Coordinator.
- Confers with teachers, students and parents concerning educational and behavioral problems in school.
- Hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively. Develops teaching staff to improve individual teaching techniques.
- Observes and evaluates staff performance (one 5 minute observation per week).
- Provides quick remediation for low teacher performance.
- Documents employee issues and refers to principal for corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with district policy.
- Conforms to all safety rules and the use of all appropriate safety equipment.
- Develops future school leaders.
- Reviews weekly team leader and mentor meeting notes for each grade level as assigned.
- Reviews weekly lesson plans as assigned.
- Assists with morning playground duty and dismissal.
- Works with student discipline as needed (documents the incidents and calls parents).
- Addresses parent issues and documents accordingly.
- Complies with fire drills, lockdowns and evacuation requirements.
- Establishes and maintains afterschool clubs.
- Regularly updates Facebook, as assigned.
- Oversees Junior High:
- Creates and implements Junior High scheduling.
- PRIDE Program – monitors teacher implementation, manages points, and provides parent notification of 5 and 10 point deductions, ISS and OSS, Behavior Academic Contracts.
- Oversees Junior High discipline/mediation.
- Oversees Junior High flag ceremonies.
- Oversees PRIDE day planning.
- Oversees weekly/bi-weekly Junior High team meetings.
- Oversees Junior High parent contact.
- All student report entries must be logged into PowerSchool at the conclusion of each instructional day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Schedules all games.
- Hires and develops coaches.
- Ensures attendance of LTS designee at all home games.
- Orders, stores, and maintains all uniforms and athletic equipment.
- Requests, maintains and reconciles referee pay.
- Attends seasonal CAA Athletic Director meetings.
- Facilitates seasonal Mandatory Parent meeting.
- Completes weekly grade checks and enforce eligibility requirements.
- Holds a valid Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card.
- Holds a valid Arizona Principal's Certificate (required).
- Has earned a Master’s Degree in Education and is working toward an administrative certificate. Candidate will work and be paid as teacher-on-assignment until the administrative certificate is finalized.
- Has five or more years teaching experience in a variety of grade levels.