JobID 3932 : Grounds Worker/Irrigation Tech (#1797566)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
- Help in providing a safe, pleasant and enjoyable outdoor/indoor experience for students and general public to learn, play and conduct athletic activities.
- Perform general grounds maintenance and building engineer duties, as season demands.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math, writing, communication.
- Operating knowledge of light equipment including mow equipment, common hand tools and various outdoor equipment.
- Basic knowledge of planting and maintaining shrubbery.
- Asphalt, Concrete, fencing repair and installation knowledge preferred.
- Colorado Drivers License, Clean MVR required.
- Irrigation experience strongly preferred.
- General outdoor maintenance.
- Daily (10%)- Hard surface repair (concrete, asphalt).
- Daily (10%)- Responsible for turf maintenance, tree & shrub maintenance, flowers for district facilities.
- Daily (10%)- Preventative maintenance/operation on all grounds maintenance equipment.
- Daily (10%)- Athletic field maintenance.
- Daily (5%)- Responsible for documentation as requested by supervisor.
- Daily (10%)- Assist with minor repairs and check out of the irrigation systems while on jobsite.
- Annually (8%)- Perform sub building engineer duties.
- Weekly (10%)- Operate light – medium sized equipment in multiple areas of maintenance and construction functions.
- Weekly (5%)- Prepare facilities for special events, including Homecoming, Graduation, concerts and others. Aide in traffic control during such events.
- Weekly (10%)- Perform snow and ice removal services with trucks, snow blowers and hand equipment throughout district in a 24 hour on-call basis.
- Annually (3%)- Assist on the performance of repairs of playground facilities, fencing and miscellaneous structures.
- Annually (3%)- Assist in construction duties on new and existing district facilities.
- Annually (3%)- Work in conjunction with building maintenance department and Building Engineer department.
- Ongoing (3%)- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING Work is assigned by work orders, supervisor or fulltime staff. Work is guided by Adams School District 14 policies and procedures. Decision-making requires, collaboration with employees, district building employees and co-workers. Supervisor is involved in all decisions.
- SAFETY TO SELF AND OTHERS Low exposure to self to disease due to handling bodily fluids or working with sewage. Medium exposure to self and others to bruises, cuts, chemical burns, heat burns, fractured bones, hernia, loss of limb, disfigurement and fatality due to working with heavy equipment, tools or having an accident. High exposure to self and/or others repetitive motion or stress and loss of sight due to steering, mowing, drilling and flying debris.
- The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; work with explosives; vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
- MENTAL FUNCTIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to compare, analyze, communicate, evaluate, use interpersonal skills.
SALARY: Range 10 of the Classified Employee salary schedule. To view current Adams 14 salary schedules, please click here. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer. All new employees must be fingerprinted per H.B. 90-1077 at a cost of $40.00 to the employee.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Adams County School District 14
5291 EAST 60TH AVENUE, COMMERCE CITY, CO 80022
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415