JobID 4650 : Food Service Worker PT 7:30AM- 12:30PM - Chandler- School Year 2019-2020 (#1795964)
Posted 21 hours ago
General Position Information
Position Department/Campus: Any LTS Campus
Reports To: Campus Principal
Our Mission and Purpose: Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Monitoring control points as defined in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). To include: food temping, hand washing, sanitizing buckets etc.
- Follow instructions from Campus Food Services Manager, District Food Services Manager and Food Services Director.
- Professional appearance per the employee handbook.
- Daily tasks as assigned by your Supervisor. Tasks may include: salad bar, snack cart and daily menu items as well as dishes, sweeping, mopping, breaking down boxes and taking out trash.
- Operate all kitchen equipment.
- Prep food for next day.
- Cater on half-days when requested.
- Help prep for catering items during regular work day, unless otherwise instructed by your Supervisor.
- Help provide meals for LKC on 1⁄2 Days & Teacher-In-Service Days/Conference Days – If requested
- Help provide meals for LKC during Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer Break – If requested
- Assist Manager with deliveries using the FIFO method – date marking boxes and putting away deliveries.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Set-up tables for breakfast and clean tables when breakfast is complete.
- Assist Facilities in set-up of tables for lunch.
- Maintains cooperative relationship with school administration.
- Attends campus staff meetings, special functions, in-services as required.
- Deep Cleanings – 4 Per Year (Mandatory)
- Positively interact with all students.
- Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the teaching profession by utilizing resources for professional development therefore, improving the education that is provided.
- Arizona Employees:
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Arizona Teaching Certificate (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
- Nevada Employees:
- NV Fingerprint Background Check
- NV Teaching License (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
- Appropriately Certified in grade or subject according to ESSA requirements and Department of Education
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Food Handler's card is required.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in front of the classroom,; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.