JobID 4642 : Landscaper 2019-2020 School Year (#1794410)
Posted a month ago
General Position Information
Position Department/Campus: Any LTS Campus
Reports To: Campus Principal, Campus Facilities Manager
Our Mission and Purpose: Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
This position is primarily responsible for fulfilling the day to day activities required by performing the following duties personally.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Maintains the general appearance of exterior landscaping in a quality manner by following daily, weekly, monthly and annual landscape schedules
- Weeds landscaped planting beds; mows and edges lawn areas and fence lines
- Edges and trims around walkways, sidewalks, flower beds and against walls
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve appearance and growth
- Sprays lawn areas with herbicides to control undesirable weeds as directed
- Maintains all landscape equipment and tools in good working condition and demonstrates proficiency of use (pole saws, chainsaws, lawn mowers, etc.)
- Waters lawn areas using timed and manual irrigation system methods
- Maintains and makes minor repairs to irrigation systems
- Assures exterior play areas and equipment are safe
- Monitors grounds and playground areas and responds to any unsafe situations
- Empties exterior trash cans and picks up exterior trash
- Assists with field preparation for sporting events
- Rakes rock areas to maintain uniform spreading, especially around playground equipment
- Blows sidewalks to keep free of rocks and debris
- Follows Landscape Management Guide, Landscape Schedules, Field and Ground Treatment Schedules and Annual Soil Testing Reports; makes recommended changes as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Positively interact with all staff.
- Create a safe environment that is conducive to learning.
- Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.
- Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school staff.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- High School Diploma required
- Must have or be able to obtain the AZ Landscaper certification within the first year of employment.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of prior experience in custodial cleaning.
- Must have the knowledge, skills and interest in improving and maintaining landscape quality throughout the campus.
- Requires landscape and maintenance knowledge in the care and upkeep of play fields, landscaped areas, walkways, parking lots and all other campus exterior areas.
- Able to meet the physical demands - lifting 40-50 lbs.; ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Able to work safely with mechanical and manually operated landscaping equipment and tools
- Basic knowledge of cleaning methods, equipment, products and custodial safety.
- Arizona Employees:
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Nevada Employees:
- NV Fingerprint Background Check
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in front of the classroom,; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.