JobID 4640 : Floating Custodian (#1793912)
Posted a month ago
- Cleans and maintains building facilities including classrooms, break rooms, conference rooms, teacher work rooms, library/media rooms, gymnasiums, lunchrooms, nurses’ rooms, stages and lobby/receptionist areas.
- Performs the necessary room set-ups for scheduled meetings and events (including daily cafeteria set-up).
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums floors using cleaning solutions, tools, and equipment.
- Cleans and/or polishes walls, ceilings, windows, and building fixtures and whiteboards.
- Cleans entryways, hallways, door mats, and door glass daily.
- Dusts furniture, walls, light fixtures, baseboards, student desks and other equipment.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms daily.
- Cleans and services cleaning equipment daily and as needed.
- Applies wax or sealers to wood or concrete floors as directed by District Facilities.
- Assists in building security, locking and unlocking of doors and gates.
- Assist with routine maintenance tasks such as light bulb and filter changes.
- Notifies Campus Facility Manager or Custodial Supervisor of the need to order materials/supplies, need for major repairs, or additions to building operating systems (Energy Management., School dude, etc.)
- Ability to operate and mechanical understanding of the following machines, tools, and other special equipment and supplies used to perform job duties: hand tools, small power tools, ladder, back pack and upright vacuum, floor buffer, cleaning and polishing chemicals, wheeled utility cart, & moving equipment.
- Knowledge of HAZMAT regulations and Safety Data Sheets as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Two years prior experience in custodial cleaning, preferably in a school setting.
- Basic knowledge of methods, equipment and products.
- Ability to read and understand technical writing.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities using and cleaning with the following tools: mops, brooms, cleaners, detergents, rags, and microfiber cloths.
- The employee in this classification will be expected to work in an outdoor and inside environment while cleaning and repairing equipment, furniture and buildings.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work and remain on feet for extended periods of time, up to 4 hours at a time.
- Able to travel distances up to 75 miles one way during a single shift.
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times.
- Travel between campuses is required from time to time.
- This position requires the need to lift objects (up to 25 pounds) on occasion.