JobID 7892 : Title I Tutor - Bilingual (part-time) (#1792425)
Part Time Bilingual (Spanish) Title I Tutor
Under the direction of the building principal, the successful candidate will provide Bilingual support (pull-out and push-in) to Pre-K culturally and linguistically diverse students at our school. The candidate will be expected to collaborate with classroom teachers and other specialists, including our EL and Bilingual teachers, special education teachers, and interventionists to ensure instruction is designed to meet the needs of our students. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to develop the four language skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) for children of different linguistic, cultural and academic backgrounds. The candidate must be flexible, work collaboratively with school staff, community and families. Previous experience in an elementary public school setting is preferred.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Deliver instructional support to culturally and linguistically diverse Pre-K students through utilization of differentiated materials and educational strategies
- Ensure supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from classrooms
- Establish and maintain student forms and files for records and progress monitoring
- Create a positive environment which supports engaged student learning
- Maintain regular communication with classroom teachers
- Other duties may be assigned
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must be bilingual and biliterate in Spanish. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude. Must be flexible.
Job Type: Part-time 19 hours/week scheduled 8:20-12:00 a.m. M-F
- Previous tutoring, intervention, or teaching experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree (Required)