JobID 2678 : Teacher - Science (#1790912)
Job | Posted 7 days ago
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university.
- Requirements as set by the State of New Hampshire Certification Authorities and Board of School Committee regulations.
- State of NH Teacher Certification in General Science (5-8) or other approved certification status may be considered
Specific Core Function:
To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible members of society.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Plan a program of study that meets individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, and in harmony with these goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives and assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis to provide progress reports as required.
- Diagnose the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking assistance of or making referrals.
- Counsel with colleagues, students, and/or parents/guardians on a regular basis.
- Assist administration in implementing all policies and/or rules and regulations of the school and Board of School Committee governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for all who come under his/her charge including student teachers, aides, volunteers, and in cooperation with department heads, evaluate the job performance of each.
- Maintain and improve professional competence and attend staff meetings and other in-service activities as required.
- As necessary, is available to students and parents/guardians outside of the normal instructional day.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such on many levels depending upon the grade being taught: basic mathematics skill sets, reasoning and application, probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane, algebra, solid geometry, and trigonometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program. Ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents. Skill in oral and written communication.
Specified Length/Hours of Position: This is an affiliated (MEA) position under the Teacher Association negotiated contract, following the school calendar with additional workshop days.Contract Year: 181 days
Effective Date: August 30, 2019
Application Procedure:The Manchester School District uses the Applicant Tracking on-line application process. Please visit our website at www.mansd.org. Upload resume, cover letter, transcripts, and 3 signed letters of reference written within 12 months of application.
Manchester Sau 37 Ffice
195 McGregor Street, Suite #201, Manchester, NH 03102
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $16,146 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.35
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 104