JobID 13009 : Special Education - Behavior Aide Paraprofessional (#1790159)
WORK DAY: 6.5 hours per day; approximately 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
WORK CALENDAR: Refer to the attached work calendar in the lower right corner of this posting.
SALARY: $15.50 per hour
BENEFITS: Benefits available.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4251.
You can also email email@example.com. A Human Resources Staffing Specialist will respond to your email within two business days.
- Performs tasks within the level of responsibility of position as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum requirement of 48 college semester credits or a two-year degree. Please include transcript(s) with application.
- OR completion of the Para Pro test (test available upon job offer from Rochester Public Schools.). The passing score for the Para Pro Assessment in Minnesota is 460. Please visit http://www.ets.org/ for more information about the Para Pro test.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience with behavior management strategies.
- Data collection
- Capable of responding to occasional physical behavior.
- Flexibility and the ability to work as a cooperative team member.
- Good organizational skills.
- Regular, on-time attendance is required.
- Physical requirement: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Stooping and bending required.
- Willing to be trained in crisis prevention techniques and physical intervention.
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for this include:
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won't shy away from today's educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a proven track record of success.
- Works with great integrity.
- Working with students who have behavioral challenges.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Rochester Public Schools is one of the three top employers in Rochester, Minnesota with over 3000 employees.
Of those employees, approximately 1,500 are teachers and 700 are paraprofessionals.
Rochester is the seventh largest district in Minnesota with 18,200 students based on enrollment and spans 218 square miles throughout portions of Olmsted and Wabasha Counties.
The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 34.50 percent.
Rochester, Minnesota is a city of 114,000+ and twice voted "The Best Place to Live in America" by Money magazine.
Rochester is home to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic. Our city draws residents and visitors from around the world.
Please visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.