JobID 3930 : Paraprofessional- Special Education-SSN (#1789436)
2019-2020 School Year
192 days per year/5 days per week/7 hours per day
Provide instructional support and assistance in meeting the educational needs of students, under the direction and immediate supervision of a licensed school professional.
Services provided vary based on Individual Education Plans (IEP) and requirements to provide services in the least restrictive environment.
Work with special needs students; works closely with the SPED Team.
Proof of high school diploma or equivalent.
Additionally, instructional paraprofessionals in Title I schools or paraprofessionals supported by Title I funds in a targeted Title I school must have 1 of the 3 following qualifications:
- 2 years of higher education
- An associate's degree or higher
- A passing score on the state paraprofessional assessment
Basic computer skills preferred.Basic computer skills preferred.
Colorado Driver's license preferred.Colorado Driver's license preferred.
First Aid and CPR certification required. (Provided by district)First Aid and CPR certification required. (Provided by district)
Core District Special Education Paraprofessional training or requirements must be acquired within 36 months of hire.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support instructional program and provide instructional assistance for students in individual, small and large group settings.
- Implement approved modifications and/or accommodations of curriculum.
- Supervise and facilitate student in the classroom and a variety of settings that may include the lunchroom, playground, field trips, extra-curricular activities, on-the-job training.
- Help and support student with special needs which may include emotional issues, self-help skills fine and gross motor, visual, auditory, physical, medical and health needs, educational, prevocational and life skills in a least restrictive environment.
- Collaborate and communicate with other special and regular educators and administrators with regard to academic behavioral issues and observations. Provide suggestions, feedback and support to building staff, administrators, parents and outside agencies regarding effective strategies for facilitating learning.
- Assist the school professional by helping with data collection, updating records and documentation while helping maintain student files and class records. Maintain compliance with confidentiality laws including Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA.)
- Attend and participate in district and building in-service opportunities and committee work.
- Must be able to work in a one-to-one situation with a student.
- Must be comfortable and able to perform duties necessary for toileting /personal hygiene.
- Ability to implement academic curriculum to meet Individual Educational Plan.
- Must be able to work with multiple students in varying situations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience working with children with special needs preferred.
SALARY: Range 5 of the Classified Employee salary schedule. To view current Adams 14 salary schedules, please click here. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer. All new employees must be fingerprinted per H.B. 90-1077 at a cost of $40.00 to the employee.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION BASED ON EMPLOYEE GROUP: Classified
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer