Social Studies Specialist
This position will assist teachers and principals in identifying and implementing effective strategies that will increase student achievement, in the area of Social Studies. The Social Studies Specialist key duties will involve implementing integrated Social Studies curriculum, instructional coaching, organizing professional development, and training in data use.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferred
- An Arizona teacher’s certificate, preferred
- Five years teaching experience, preferred
- Experience with diverse student populations
- Knowledge of Scientifically Based Research (SBR) instructional strategies and programs
- Knowledge of blended-learning models, preferred
- Experience using a variety of technological tools, preferred
- Experience in Data Analytics, preferred
- Experience with curriculum design processes, implementation and assessment.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Design and implement effective presentations for adult learners
- Successful classroom instruction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with diverse populations (English Language Learners (ELLs), Special Education).
- Collaborate with principals and teachers in identifying effective instructional and solution strategies that will accelerate student achievement
- Provide “real time” instructional coaching and other professional development to enhance teacher’s content knowledge and effective use of instructional strategies
- Monitor and demonstrate how to align instructional materials and district curriculum to the AZ College and Career Readiness Standards
- Research and identify Best Practices for differentiating instructional strategies to support interventions
- Coach teachers to effectively integrate Social Studies across the curriculum.
- Guide teachers to strategically use district’s on-line assessments and data to inform their instruction
- Provide expertise training to new and all teachers in assigned areas and levels
- Other duties as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 11 Months
SALARY: Certified Salary Schedule