JobID 341 : Learning Disabilities Teacher/Consultant - LDT/C - Half Time (#1786528)
LEARNING DISABILITIES TEACHER/CONSULTANT
Qualifications: NJ Certification as LDT/C.
Job Goal: Perform an observation of the pupil in other than testing session, reviews the pupil’s educational history, confers with the pupil’s teacher(s) and evaluates and analyzes the pupil’s academic performance and learning characteristics.
Reports to: Director of Special Services
1. Serves as the in-school consultant for the basic child study team.
2. Evaluates and implements educational programs and instructional techniques appropriate to specific student learning difficulty and consistent with the recommendations of the
child study team.
- Administers scores and interprets diagnostic tests a part of the educational assessment of referred/classified students in accordance with established criteria and guidelines.
- Coordinates the implementation of student educational plan as recommended by the child study team including, but not limited to:
- assists teachers in providing individual instruction to identified students;
- Interprets results of education assessments to teachers, counselors, administrators;
- Consults with staff concerning special student needs;
- Translates evaluation data into instructional methods.
5. Submits periodic reports, including evaluation assessments as required and in accordance with established criteria and guidelines.
- Maintains a high level of professional knowledge concerning effective instructional an evaluative methods, materials and techniques.
Terms of Employment: Ten month year. Salary and work year according to current contract agreement.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel.