JobID 455 : Teacher - SPED (#1785871)
San Carlos Unified School District #20
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 207, San Carlos, Arizona 85550
Phone (928) 475-2315 ? Fax (928) 475-2301
Mission: We exist to educate and empower students to become culturally responsive, global Nn’ee
Vision: We will become an effective student focused learning community graduating culturally confident citizens.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 18-428
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, and age or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. San Carlos Unified School District Governing Board Policy No. GBA. San Carlos Schools does recognize Native American Preference in Employment.
TITLE: SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
OPEN: 08/28/2019– Until filled
- BA or BS Degree.
- Valid State Certification required for the position.
- Must have current Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License.
REPORTS TO: SITE PRINCIPAL AND SPED DIRECTOR
JOB GOALS: To create a flexible elementary grade program and a classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth of each student. To establish effective rapport with pupils and be able to motivate pupils to accept the responsibility for their own learning. Help students develop the necessary skill levels and attitude and knowledge that will be necessary to provide a good foundation for future learning and success. To establish good relationship with students, parents, and other staff members.
- Teaches content/skills in assigned subject area/s, using adopted textbooks and enforces approved course of study.
- Plans lessons that meet the individual needs, interests, and ability level of students.
- Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Creates safe and orderly environment, conducive to learning and appropriate to students’ maturity and interests.
- Exercises supervision over students in and out of the classroom when assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development; for keeping current with literature, new research findings, and improved teaching techniques, and for attending appropriate professional meetings, and conventions.
- Encourages students to think independently and to express original ideas.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide and orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Assesses accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports/grades as required.
- Identifies student needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve problems associated with health, attitude, and learning difficulties.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors in the interest of each student.
- Makes decisions regarding retention and promotion of students.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct information relating to attendance, lesson plans, I.E.P.s and other record keeping.
- Maintains confidentiality of student records.
- Participates in faculty meetings and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the District and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Maintains current inventory control of all equipment and materials in individual's work area or classroom.
- Follows mandates of State, Federal, and the Navajo Nation Laws as well as established District policies.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten (10) Months
SALARY: Placed on appropriate Salary Schedule according to experience and education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Personnel.
Please apply online at sancarlosbraves.org go to Employment, then to Applitrak our online application system. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resource Department Manager at (928) 475-2315, Ext. 11002.