JobID 5580 : HR Salary Specialist (#1785351)
Job | Posted 6 days ago
Days per Year: 226
JOB TITLE Salary Specialist
REPORT TO: Compensation/Position Control Coordinator
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
PAY GRADE: Para 7
The Human Resources (HR) Salary Specialist will work with minimal supervision, responsible for data entry, completing the on-boarding and off-boarding process. The HR Specialist must be able to communicate effectively, support organizational goals, act with integrity, and be solution driven.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self-performance and processes.
- High School Graduate/GED
- 3 years related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited College or University
- Three years’ direct experience in Human Resources, employee services or payroll related services
- Work effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent at prioritizing and organizing tasks
- Strong math skills
- Detailed oriented
- Advanced skills utilizing computers and software
- Advanced knowledge of excel spreadsheets
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written)
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for completing and maintaining all paperwork for the on-boarding and off- boarding process for employees of the district.
- Assist with new hire orientation and ensuring employees complete all new hire documents.
- Assist the campuses and departments with employee information.
- Assist with creating service records as needed
- Responsible for processing name changes and address updates.
- Monitor Non US citizen work status and complete all I-9’s through the Equifax System.
- Process resignations and leaves for all employees and forward required information to payroll for processing.
- Assist with data cleanup for PEIMS submissions.
- Process staff members service records received from other districts with supervisor as the final approval.
- Responsible for processing salary changes and employee data adjustments.
- Notarize affidavits for all certified new hires.
- Responsible for preparation in regards to audits, creating reports, correspondence etc. as needed.
- Responsible for inputting accurate contract information for district employees with supervisor as the final approval.
- Process stipends for employees and generate and balance stipend spreadsheets for campuses/departments.
- Scan all employee documents and maintain in the HR System (Laserfiche)
- Prepare and maintain records required by Federal, State and Local laws/regulations.
- Ensure 8 hrs. of professional development is met annually.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information for internal and external individuals at all times.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following: ability to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity work environment efficiently and effectively with frequent interruptions. Job may require prolonged periods of time sitting, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties that may be required.
Spring Independent School District
16717 ELLA BLVD, HOUSTON, TX 77090-4299
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558