JobID 7875 : Speech and Language Pathologist (#1784738)
CREC River Street School is seeking a full time annual (227-day) Speech and Language Pathologist . Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Speech and Language Pathologist will provide direct and consultative services to clients in a regional public school setting. Successful candidates will provide direct and/or consultative services, both in small group and/or within the general education setting, according to the needs of the child.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Provides communication therapy and consultation to students.
- Evaluating and assessing students with speech/language needs.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive service plans.
- Creates student goals and objectives for IEPs based on the general education curriculum.
- Providing consultative services to school personnel, families and town personnel.
- Participating in early intervention and data teams.
- Attending PPT and 504 meetings as necessary.
- Completes all required reports.
- Provides consultation services to teachers and towns to assist in meeting needs of specific students.
- Attends student and team meetings as required.
- May supervise Paraeducator, Speech and Language Pathology Assistant or intern. Plans, schedules and reviews/evaluates work.
- Knowledge of augmentative or alternative communication systems.
- Knowledge of speech and language, assessment tools, methods and child developments in the area of language.
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, LEA, students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- MS/MA in Speech Language Pathology
- A valid Connecticut Department of Health License
- A valid Connecticut State Department of Education Certification (#061)
- Five years of experience in providing speech services in a variety of school-based settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong collaboration skills.