JobID 1695 : IT Technician III (#1784080)
TITLE: Computer Service Technician III
CLASSIFICATION: Technology Department – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
SUMMARY: The computer service technician will provide technical assistance to staff regarding software, hardware, networking, and email.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and network problems with District computing systems.
- Install and maintain network switches and hubs.
- Install and maintain desktop computers.
- Install and maintain printers, scanners, and other connected devices on computers.
- Upgrade and replace computer processors, sound cards, video cards, network interface cards, and hard drives.
- Install, upgrade, troubleshoot, and maintain supported computer operating systems including Windows 7, 8, and 10; MacOS X 10.8 and up; iOS; Citrix Workspace, and others.
- Install, upgrade, and troubleshoot software applications.
- Test new software and hardware products or versions.
- Provide technical assistance on supported software and hardware.
- Provide technical assistance to computer lab personnel at school sites.
- Maintain an inventory of commonly used computer parts.
- Respond to service calls dispatched by the Help Desk technician and maintain a daily work log.
- Perform occasional night and weekend work.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Completion of technology technical training programs, and system certification courses preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Completion of technology technical training programs, and system certification courses.
Three-years experience including one-year experience in an educational environment.
- Strong detailed knowledge and experience with personal computers, end-user networking, PC hardware internals, connecting peripherals, and software.
- Working knowledge of operating systems including Windows 7, 8 and 10, MacOS X, and Citrix Workspace.
- Knowledge of PC and Macintosh hardware installation and maintenance. Knowledge of DHCP, TCP/IP, PPP, NetBEUI, and Ethernet.
- Expertise in printing, PC utilities, networking, Internet, Microsoft Office Suite, anti-virus software, browsers, PC hardware, modems, and email.
- High level of English proficiency for completing tasks and telephone communication. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to set priorities and make decisions.
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time, climb, and lift 50 pounds.
The work environment conditions include poor lighting, exposure to dirt and dust, extreme seasonal temperatures, and noise and vibrations from machinery.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.