Elementary School Teacher (2nd Grade)
TITLE: Elementary School Teacher
1. Valid State Teacher Certification Granted by the Professional Teaching Standards Board
2. Bachelor's Degree in job related area.
To provide support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group an individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students' parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.
1. Administers and develops subject specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans. Utilize PERA framework for monitoring student growth.
2. Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
3. Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
4. Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
5. Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues.
6. Demonstrates and differentiates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addressing individual student requirements.
7. Directs assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
8. Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
9. Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
10. Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, school grounds, hallways, restrooms, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
11. Participates in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
12. Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
13. Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, lesson plans following scope and sequence, correspondence with parents and students, examinations and quizzes, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
14. Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, harassment, zero tolerance offenses etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to state law and board policies.
15. Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
16. Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, students, central office staff, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
17. Supports other classroom teachers for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of established curriculum and/or individual student plans.
18. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
19. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
20. Performs other duties as many, from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
SUPPORT & EVALUATION:
1. Lindop Mentoring Program
2. Danielson Framework for Teaching
3. Regular Professional Learning Communities (Data Dialogues, Strategic Planning etc.)
4. Peer Learning Groups
5. Content Area Team Meetings
6. Grade Level Team Meetings