JobID 1375 : 6th - 7th Special Education Teacher (#1772537)
Job Summary: The special education teacher’s primary goal is to provide instructional services to children with disabilities according to the child’s Individual Education Program (IEP). The teacher is responsible for developing objectives and timelines that are appropriate to the student’s needs as indicated in their IEP. The teacher is responsible for planning and implementing engaging instruction that is aligned with the curriculum, but modified to meet the needs and abilities of each student. The teacher may need to provide instructional support within a co-teaching, push-in, resource and/or self-contained setting. The teacher monitors student progress and communicates regularly with parents, staff, and administrators. The teacher collaborates with other classroom teachers and related service providers in the development and implementation of best practices, thus ensuring that the special education student’s needs are met in all school settings.
- Current and valid Illinois Professional Educator License with an LBS1 unlimited endorsement;
- Individual must be flexible, creative, and student-centered;
- Candidate must be able to work with the general classroom teacher to plan for instruction and student support using the co-teaching model;
- Candidate shall have knowledge of the Common Core State Standards and best practices, including modification and intervention strategies;
- Candidate must be able to model and teach students socially acceptable behaviors, employing such techniques as behavior modification and positive reinforcement programs;
- Familiarity with EASYIEP, as well as the ability to work with the Special Education Coordinator to facilitate IEP meetings;
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Working Conditions: Regular school days (180 days per year)
- Starting salary of $42,570;
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a competitive benefits package;
- Employee assistance program offered to employees and their immediate family members;
- Qualified candidates may be granted up to eight years of verified full-time public school teaching experience for credit on the salary schedule;
- We offer a mentoring program for teachers who are new to the District.
Application Procedure: Submit application online at www.district130.org
Cook County School District 130 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.