JobID 740 : Teacher, Secondary Spanish / French (#1772355)
Teacher, Foreign Language
Spanish / French
Clear Creek Middle & High Schools
Clear Creek RE1 School District is looking for a combination Spanish / French Teacher for Clear Creek Middle and High Schools. This position would begin August 2019.
Typical expectations for this position are to demonstrated knowledge and skill regarding the components of effective instruction. Demonstrated knowledge of content and teaching methods in area(s) of teaching assignment. Candidate must be able to teach all levels of high school Spanish and French. Demonstrated knowledge of developmental needs of students. Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills. Evidence of ability to establish and maintain effective, cooperative relationships with school personnel, students and parents. Demonstrated understanding and empathy necessary for working with students.
Key result areas and attendance responsibilities for this position include:
• Plan instruction consistent with the district-approved curriculum and state standards for assigned subject area(s)/grade level(s).
• Use formal and informal methods to assess the abilities and needs of students.
• Plan effective use of class time.
Instructional interaction (teaching)
• Apply principles of teaching/learning to enhance student achievement.
• Utilize teaching methods that are appropriate for the objectives and learners.
• Modify instruction to meet student needs.
• Communicate effectively with learners.
• Provide for and maintain student involvement during instruction.
Evaluation of instruction.
• Use the evaluation of student outcomes to measure the effectiveness of instruction.
• Communicate effectively student progress to student and parent/guardian.
• Attend to tasks in a manner that maximizes instruction.
• Maintain necessary student records.
• Assist in planning for appropriate use of volunteers/aides as assigned.
• Establish clear expectations for appropriate behavior and provide conditions that establish a positive classroom environment.
• Establish consequences for inappropriate behavior.
• Establish conditions under which students exercise self-discipline, honesty, leadership and citizenship.
• Participate in professional growth opportunities.
• Adhere to the code of ethics of the teaching profession of the State of Colorado.
• Recognize problems and actively contribute to their resolutions.
• Collaborate with others to fulfill responsibilities related to building and district goals and priorities.
• Demonstrate a concern for students' health and safety.
• Stay within department budget.
• Accept and fulfill assigned responsibilities and duties in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Follow Board of Education policies, building procedures and any other rules, regulations or procedures that may be established by the District or Building administrations.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the building principal in accordance with District Policies.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
A teacher must hold at least one of the following for Licensure:
- Bachelor's degree or higher required from an accredited university or college.
- One of the following types of Colorado licensure is required or be eligible for:
- Initial, Professional or Alternative Teaching Certificate.
- Completed a state approved Teacher Preparation Program.
A teacher must hold at least one of the following in the subject area in which they have been assigned to teach in order to be considered in-field
- Endorsement in the subject to be taught.
- Passes the Place or Praxis in the subject to be taught.
- Hold at least a Bachelor's Degree in the subject to be taught
- Completed 36 hours of coursework or professional development in the subject area to be taught.
Salary: Is commensurate with the Clear Creek School District Certified Salary Schedule.
In order to receive serious consideration for this position, a completed application packet must be received online. The list of materials that constitute a completed application packet are found at www.ccsdre1.org under the District - Employment tab.
Clear Creek RE1 School District is situated between Jefferson County and Summit County, just west of Evergreen, CO. There are two elementary schools (PreK-6), one middle school (7-8), one high school (9-12), and one Charter School (PK-6) that serves roughly 800 students.