JobID 9302 : Students in Transition Liaison, District 6 (#1767521)
Students in Transition Liaison, District- 6
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified- $17.75 per hour plus benefits
Reports to: Director of Cultural Excellence
Contract Length/ Days: (2019-2020/260)
Date Posted: August 19, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled
Applicant screening will begin no later than 8/26/2019. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible).
High School Diploma/G.E.D
- BA degree or two years of college.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable insured vehicle.
- Prior experience working with parents and the community.
The Students in Transition (SiT) Liaison will provide direct support for Greeley-Evans District 6 children and youth experiencing high mobility including students experiencing homelessness, out-of-home placement, and with Migrant status. The SiT will work with District 6 Family Center support staff, applicable school/district teachers, counselors, social workers, and administrators, and community stakeholders to create an effective system of supports. Primary responsibilities consist of providing access to immediate enrollment, coordination of transportation, data-collection, one-one-one mentoring, family engagement, and professional development. The SiT will work to ensure an enriched atmosphere where students are better prepared to overcome educational barriers for educational stability. In addition, the SiT will help connect students to extracurricular activities like clubs, sports, and community service opportunities. Other duties consist of increasing student and family awareness of digital literacy as it relates to schooling and supporting student transition from high school to post-secondary learning. The SiT Liaison will work under the provisions of the Department of Cultural Excellence.
- Provide onsite support to students identified as highly mobile. (e.g., Mckinney-Vento, Foster Care, and Migrant)
- Provide identified parents and families with support to further the academic achievement of their children.
- Work and collaborate with the Department of Cultural Excellence and Family Engagement and school personnel in the implementation of the District parent and family engagement plan.
- Support and facilitate parent and family education activities/programs that will be provided at the school setting or the District Family Center.
- Collaborate with existing staff associated with SEL programming and enrich system of supports.
- Develop partnerships with external stakeholders in the Greeley community and maintain contact with organizations specific to homelessness, high-mobility, foster care, and Migrant status.
- Coordinate and facilitate professional development tailored for students and families experiencing risk factors as a result of high-mobility.
- Develop and maintain relationships with students, families and staff.
- Pursue grant opportunities to expand SEL related programming at the school and district level.
- Work in compliance with state and federal guidelines and expectations associated with the Educational Stability Grant.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
Some will be required
- Demonstrate respect for and understanding of students and families with a positive attitude
- Strong human relation skills including excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of community and available resources
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Multicultural awareness
- Organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to manage time and meet obligations with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to perform all functions of the position
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position