JobID 1224 : Cafeteria Employee - Part-Time - Interim (#1756238)
Cafeteria Employee Summary
Under the direct supervision of the building Principal, to assist in maintaining an orderly and safe atmosphere in the cafeteria, on the playground, and in other designated locations by helping and supervising students at mealtime and playtime in accordance with Board policy and established district procedures. Perform all duties and responsibilities of the Cafeteria Worker and must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. Other duties as assigned by the Cafeteria Manager.
- Assists in supervising students in the cafeteria during mealtime.
- Assists in making sure that tables and surrounding areas are clean.
- Assists in supervising the playground/classroom during the lunch hour.
- Assists students with orderly food purchases, distribution of food, disposal of food waste, and return of trays and utensils.
- Ensures that students remain seated in assigned areas throughout their time in the cafeteria.
- Circulates among assigned tables during the mealtime to be available as needed.
- Organizes groups of students for orderly dismissal from the cafeteria.
- Assists with supervising students in libraries, and escorting students to and from school buses.
- Reports to teachers, principal, nurse and/or security personnel as appropriate regarding infractions, safety concerns, injuries, or other issues involving students.
- May distribute textbooks, supplies or other materials as requested.
- May collect count and deposit food services program monies.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills.
- Bilingual oral skills (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to maintain composure and perform responsibilities under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about students in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and district guidelines.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard school environment and in outdoor weather
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Motor Vehicle Operator's (DMV) License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Successful prior experience working as a lunch or food service aide, preferably in a school district or with children.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt