JobID 284 : Speech and Language Pathologist (#1748652)
In Cooperation with Teachers Union and Central Office the duration of this posting has been adjusted due to the timeliness of finding a candidate before the start of the school year.
Job Title: Speech and Language Pathologist Elementary and Secondary Openings
Position Description: Responsible for providing direct instruction to students. Individually or in small groups. Conduct initial evaluations of students being considered for services. Observe students and offer suggestions when needed.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in speech/language pathology from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Speech Correction preferred
- Evidence of successful clinical experience in communication disorders and language development
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively with people and agencies associated with special education.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with parents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in diagnostic assessments with preschool age children through elementary age.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Organizing language development program for speech and language impaired students.
- Instructing individuals in both large and small group language activities
- Performing speech and language diagnostic testing
- Writing IEP goals and objectives and prescriptive activities based upon results of diagnostic testing.
- Keep IEP progress reports updated per IEP schedule
- Maintain service logs for all students serviced
- Finalize speech only IEPs and METs
- Acting as a resource person in the area of speech and language development and assistive technology
- Communicating and working with parents with respect to student’s language strengths and weaknesses.
- Participate in collaborative planning with teachers
- Select instructional materials to meet student needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Supporting Credential Files should be completed and submitted via the Monroe Public Schools website, https://www.monroe.k12.mi.us/index.cfm, Employment Opportunities Link, AppliTrack.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
It is the policy of Monroe Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, religion, height, weight or marital status in its programs, services, employment, or any other activities. For information contact the office of the Superintendent of Schools, 1275 N. Macomb St., Monroe, MI 48162, 734-265-3070.