JobID 254 : Marketing Director (#1744658)
Prospect Ridge Academy
Creating Academic, Social, and Ethical Leaders
** Please note that this is a FULL-TIME position**
Marketing Director Job Description
All employees at Prospect Ridge Academy work together to create academic, social, and ethical leaders. Every employee at Prospect Ridge Academy is expected to deliver exceptional customer service skills to our students, parents, and PRA community. Prospect Ridge Academy is a dynamic school, subject to changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, and evolving culture. Adaptability to change is essential. This job description is an overview of duties and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
The Marketing Director is responsible for planning, directing and executing the school’s internal & external marketing efforts and will include leading and assisting with communications plans, fundraising, grant writing, and open enrollment programs. This position will accomplish these duties while working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Prospect Ridge Academy Mission Statements.
The Marketing Director at PRA will:
- Identify strategic plan marketing goals for PRA.
- Develop and execute marketing plans to maintain vigorous interest in PRA enrollment and attract the highest quality job applicants for open staff positions.
- Develop and execute creative marketing programs to garner community participation in fundraising events.
- Establish contacts with local marketing, advertising and graphic design agencies who are willing to do pro-bono work.
- Manage PRA branding materials, including logo use, promotional materials, photographs distributed externally and visual content on website.
- Manage all general school content on website.
- Assist school personnel with overview and guidance for individual class and extra-curricular pages.
- Manage contract with website vendor.
- Identify strategic plan internal and external communications plans.
- Proactively work to generate positive media coverage of PRA’s accomplishments that emphasize school’s overall mission and vision.
- Strategically counsel Administration and Board regarding communications plans, especially during times of change or adversity.
- Assist Administration with overall messaging on materials distributed to wide audiences, including website, weekly parent newsletter, external presentations for enrollment, job fairs, etc.
- Establish beneficial relationships with local business, political, educational and community leaders.
- Work with community outreach sub-committee to plan meaningful events to support PRA’s mission and vision for the PRA community.
- Identify strategic plan fundraising goals for PRA.
- Work with fundraising sub-committee to plan all fundraising events to meet PRA’s financial goals.
- Initiate relationships with local businesses who may provide in-kind donations/services.
- Coordinate and communicate with all vendors and track all invoices.
- Communicate fundraising goals and plan to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that fundraising plans are consistent with PRA’s mission and vision.
- Complete yearly needs assessment for PRA.
- Identify grant opportunities appropriate for PRA.
- Actively seek out grant possibilities where PRA parents or business contacts may provide leverage.
- Work with fundraising sub-committee to write grants and provide effective follow-up.
- Track all grant expenditures and complete grant reports.
- Plan all open enrollment information sessions and shadow opportunities.
- Assist with preparation of open enrollment presentations, messaging and handouts.
- Advertise for open enrollment presentations and relevant deadlines.
- Ensure all open enrollment information on website is updated, clear, concise and compelling.
- Coordinate all student and parent interactions.
- Work with and supervise the Parent-Engagement Assistant to establish and fully utilize the volunteer base.
- Assist Parent-Engagement Assistant via media and marketing to publicize and disseminate information regarding volunteer and school events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required
- Ability to counsel senior leadership on overall messaging, including during times of change or adversity
- Calm, decisive, creative thinker who can manage and motivate others
- Excellent attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
- Prior fundraising experience preferred, especially in an educational or non-profit setting
- Expert level in use of Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- The ability to physically demonstrate the skills necessary for the sport being coached.
- The employee is regularly required to talk, walk, stand and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, grasp, and perform light lifting.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, write and interpret various documents such as rules, policy and expectation, agreements, rubrics, scope and sequence documents, and assessment documents.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of staff, students, Board of Directors, Administrators and parents.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups.
- Ability to apply an entrepreneurial outlook and a charter school commitment.
- Strong organizational and the ability to coordinate different tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, and customer service skills while working with a diverse population
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to be self motivated.
- Ability and skill to use sound judgment as determined by the specific situation.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
This position reports to the School Principals.
Work is occasionally regularly performed inside and outside with occasional exposure to extreme temperatures. Work is performed in all weather conditions and includes exposure to moderate and sometimes loud noise. This is a highly public position that includes contact with students, staff, Administrators, Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors and parents. Occasionally work may consist of ten (10) plus hour days with weekend work as needed.