JobID 252 : Sr. Accounting Specialist (#1741306)
Prospect Ridge Academy
Creating Academic, Social, and Ethical Leaders
Sr. Accounting Specialist Job Description
All employees at Prospect Ridge Academy work together to create academic, social, and ethical leaders. Every employee at Prospect Ridge Academy is expected to deliver exceptional customer service skills to our students, parents, and PRA community. Prospect Ridge Academy is a dynamic school, subject to changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, and evolving culture. Adaptability to change is essential. This job description is an overview of duties and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
The Sr. Accounting Specialist is responsible for maintaining the school’s financial records using SDS, Chase Smartdata software and Infinite Campus software. This position will accomplish these duties while working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Prospect Ridge Academy Mission Statements.
The Sr. Accounting Specialist at PRA will
Manage the Procurement Card Program
- Oversees 25 Active credit cards, which includes issuing of cards, closing accounts, modifying accounts, auditing accounts, training all card holders, reporting and maintaining vendor relationships.
- On a weekly basis, assigning account codes to all transactions, matching receipts & weekly reports, email reminders to all p-card holders, contacting & supporting all p-card holders, maintaining account codes, weekly sweeps to match bank account withdrawal, weekly uploads to SDS, monthly financial reports
- Reconcile the Principals and Finance & Business Director Manager P-card transactions & weekly reports
- Collecting & verifying all time sheets, including substitutes and hourly employees
- Verify all substitute teachers time sheets to Aesop
- Enter Supplemental time sheets and reimbursements into SDS.
- Maintain changes and corrections to employee tax withholdings and bank options.
- Verify payroll salaries & account codes are correct
- Collaborates with Business Manager in the following
- Process Payroll on a monthly basis
- Reconcile, balance and payment of all medical, dental vision, and retirement withdrawals.
- Perform final review of payroll data related to salary, and coordinate with Human Resources on various corrections and changes for the final calculation of payroll.
- Enters and maintain current garnishments of pay for employees
- Remit Payments for various general payroll deductions taken from paychecks.
- Creates and submits monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll reports to PERA, IRS, State of Colorado, unemployment, W4 and W2
- Participates in the process of A/R and A/P due to the limitation of segregation of duties.
- Communicates with vendors and families on fees and payments
- A/P research for issues
- Training employees to access & use their employee portals & generating all employee portal instructions
- Assisting HR in maintaining all employee data is current
- Process all FRL applications
- Work with & communicate with families on FRL applications status
- Work with Adams 12 Lunch Services & Records Retention departments by providing them with needed paperwork
- Enter required data in Infinite Campus
- Collect, track and manage the following student-based fees: registration fees, field trip fees, class fees, emergency lunches, etc.
- Posting fees, payments and reconciling accounts in IC.
- Works with Families to understand fees and payment option in IC
- Assisting all PRA staff and PRA committees with budgets and purchasing supplies for events
- Verifying all bank deposits and transporting them to the bank
- Handles NFS notices
- Maintaining petty cash for all school related activities.
- Amazon purchasing – maintain & oversee all of school’s Amazon purchases
- Costco runs for school, staff, & committee members for school events
- Associate’s degree with accounting or finance emphasis; or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- Prior bookkeeping experience required, preferably in an educational or non-profit setting
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Excel
- Software experience and/or willingness to learn how to effectively use this accounting software
- Excellent attention to detail
- Resourceful in generating creative solutions to problems
- The employee is regularly required to talk, walk, stand and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, grasp, and perform light lifting.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with parents, students, staff, vendors, Administrators and various school visitors.
- Ability to read, write and interpret various documents such as rules, policy and expectation, agreements, rubrics, scope and sequence documents, and assessment documents.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups.
- Ability to apply an entrepreneurial outlook and a charter school commitment.
- Strong organizational and the ability to coordinate different tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, and customer service skills while working with a diverse population
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to be self motivated.
- Ability and skill to use sound judgment as determined by the specific situation.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
This position reports to the Finance & Business Director.
Work is occasionally regularly performed inside and outside with occasional exposure to extreme temperatures. Work is performed in all weather conditions and includes exposure to moderate and sometimes loud noise. This is a highly public position that includes contact with students, staff, Administrators, Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors and parents. Occasionally work may consist of ten (10) plus hour days with weekend work as needed.