JobID 1929 : Targeted Support Coordinator (#1737698)
Targeted Support Coordinator - Cottonwood Elementary School
Direct Supervisor: Building Principal
Contracted Length Term: 10-month position
Salary: A competitive salary commensurate with education and experience: Coordinator: 200 days
Work Schedule: 196 days (late July – early June) - prorated for 2019-2020
Start Date: As soon as possible
Montrose County School District RE-1J is looking for a motivated, collaborative individual for Cottonwood Elementary School, a K-5th grade school in need of Targeted Support. We are looking for an individual to support in leading us to that next level through innovation, systems improvement, and high expectations for all. This leader should be able to communicate to the community and the school district, as well as to partner with other district schools. The ideal coordinator candidate is able to collect and analyze data and make action plans based on that data. The candidate will be able to implement practices that supports improvement plans and require all staff to maintain those changes as well. Additionally, the coordinator will be expected to support the positive vision, and address critics early in the process.
Under general direction, to be a Targeted Support Coordinator of an elementary school; to plan, develop, organize, coordinate, and supervise the student attendance, behavior management, and instructional delivery programs; to assist in the planning, development, and implementation of site, instructional, and operational goals and objectives, and in the evaluation of the effectiveness of educational programs and personnel performance; and to do other related functions as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the building principal in establishing clear and consistent expectations and language in support of developing positive school culture and climate.
- Support the building principal in engaging in the developing systems and supports between general education staff and support staff
- Provide support related to the major improvement strategies outlined by the building principal and leadership team.
- Serve on the building leadership team as a contributing member, considering ways in which to support the implementation of improvement plans.
- Coordinate and facilitate Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) and Data Driven Dialogues with staff.
- Hold staff and students accountable to routines, practices, and norms.
- Perform need assessments, feasibility planning, and a variety of other research and development functions and activities as assigned.
- Advise, counsel, and assist instructional, support, and ancillary personnel in problem solving activities pertaining to student behavior management, shaping, and control problems, and in the determination of alternative problem solutions.
- Review, inspect, audit, and evaluate student attendance processes and procedures, and as necessary recommends revisions to the process to ensure an effective and efficient operational mode.
- May assist in the planning, development, and organization of District and site advisory committees and groups.
- Assist in development and implementation of staff motivational strategies and student culture initiatives
- Support in family and student engagement
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education must meet CDE’s licensure requirements.
- Hold a valid Type D Colorado Principal’s license or the equivalent from another state, upon hire.
- Possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
- Three years of successful teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with diverse student populations
- Excellent written and oral skills.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 5 to 75 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work involves operating a vehicle, sitting, walking, and/or standing.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather may occasionally be experienced.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
- CBI/FBI background clearance and a clean driving record.
Condition of Employment: Insurability by the District's liability insurance carrier.