JobID 330 : High School Counselor (#1737264)
West Grand School District 1- Jt
High School Guidance Counselor
Notice of Assignment: School Calendar- 166 days, plus 20 days.
Salary Range: $43,250 - $49,077 depending on education and experience
Monday - Thursday, some evenings according to school calendar
- MA degree and a Colorado school counseling license (or the ability to receive one).
- Experience working with children in an educational setting is preferable.
- Experience in counseling high school students
- Experience in counseling individuals, groups and parents.
- Strong commitment to and belief in the vision of school.
- Highly qualified as defined by Colorado Department of Education
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience analyzing data and assessments for improved instruction.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with administration and staff.
- Coordinates comprehensive counseling plan with principal
- Creates a positive atmosphere when working with children.
- Consult with parents, teachers and specialists related to students’ school adjustment and performance.
- Work with other counselors in development and implementation of school guidance program.
- Lead professional development in guidance/social skills areas.
- Work as a member of an inter-disciplinary team, and coordinate counseling services within the building.
- Consult and counsel with parents, individually and in groups, to provide information and facilitating understanding.
- Act as DAC.
- Develop counseling programs in line with the district vision and strategic plan.
- Communicate progress work with parents to ensure follow-up occurs.
- Plan and coordinate crisis intervention program with the administration.
- Keep accurate, confidential, and up to date student records.