JobID 4416 : Aspiring Educators Teacher (#1735640)
For 2019/2020 School Year
184 work day calendar
Starting: $40,314 (Actual Salary will be based on skills, competencies, and like experience)
Introduce students to the role that education plays in today’s society. Develop an awareness of different aspects of the teaching profession through lessons, activities and hands-on experience. Provide instruction for each student to acquire competencies, knowledge and skills relating to early childhood education.
- Teach concepts and skills in early childhood education to secondary students, utilizing course of study approved by the District with the intent of supporting students in considering a career in teaching and building a “grow-your-own” pipeline of future teachers.
- Adapt lessons to provide differentiated instruction to meet the needs of the individual student. Use teaching methods designed to reach students of varying educational and experiential backgrounds to allow each student the opportunity to master the objectives of the course. Utilize various resources to supplement and enhance instruction and provide students with multiple ways to be engaged in the learning.
- Evaluate students on a continuing basis to allow them to be aware of their own progress.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Communicate with parents and school counselors/administrators to discuss student progress.
- Identify student needs and cooperate with other professional staff to help students solve health, attitude and learning problems.
- Maintain current information for students interested in a teaching career including resource materials for teacher preparation programs at the college/university level.
- Supervise students in and out of classroom activities as assigned.
- Maintain professional competency through professional development opportunities and Professional Learning Communities. Maintain required credentials, licenses, certification as appropriate, and proficiency and up-to-date knowledge in the content area.
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs. Recommend instructional materials, textbooks, appropriate instructional equipment, and the Library supportive reference materials.
- Participate in staff committees and sponsorship of student activities.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor/administrator.
- Possess or be eligible to receive Colorado Teaching License: Secondary CTE Education and Training
- Transcripts required.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Special experience and training as determined by content area
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
Must apply online at www.hsd2.org and set up application file. Once you have completed your file, you must apply for each vacancy from the website that is of interest to you to be considered a candidate.