JobID 9180 : Journeyman Electrician (#1735535)
Journeyman Electrician, Facilities
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified
Hourly Salary and benefits are regionally competitive and based on experience and training.
Reports to: Electrical Maintenance Department Manager
Contract Length/ Days: (2019-2020/ 260 days)
Date Posted: August 01, 2019
Deadline for application:
Until Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 08/08/2019. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible).
- Valid Colorado State Journeyman Electrician’s License.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Colorado driver’s license
- First Aid/CPR (Can be obtained after hire)
- Asbestos Awareness Training (Can be obtained after hire)
- Mold Awareness Training (Can be obtained after hire)
- Clean motor vehicle record (MVR)
- Skills equivalent to eight years of experience in electrical system maintenance and repair.
- Any other combination of related education, experience, and training.
Employee performs skilled electrical work in the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment. Responsibilities also include making estimates of material and costs for new installations, ensuring that the NEC requirements of all local, state and national codes are met. Coordinates with other related trades. Assignments are received orally or in writing and may be accompanied by pencil sketches or blueprints. Work is performed without supervision but may be inspected on completion.
- Drives various fleet vehicles daily
- Operates heavy equipment as needed
- Accomplishes duties of mechanical maintenance and repair without direct supervision on a daily basis
- Uses positive verbal and non-verbal skills when working with district personnel and community members at all times
- Performs work according to printed information on the Facilities Department work order system
- Directs the activities of other technicians
- Responds to emergencies
- Installs and maintains electric wiring, motor wiring and lighting systems, fire alarms, scoreboards, intercommunication equipment, heating and ventilation circuitry and equipment
- Design control circuitry and panels as needed
- Maintains primary electrical distribution systems, circuit breakers, and transformers
- Maintains and repairs motors, pumps, clocks, shop and kitchen equipment, and other electrical equipment
- Operates complex test equipment
- Snow removal
- May participate in asbestos removal with appropriate training
- Maintenance of power tools and shop area
- Assists other members of the department as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
Some will be required
Knowledge, Skills, and Mental Ability
Expert knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and practices of electrical trades and electrical maintenance repair. Ability to deal tactfully with public and staff. Ability to respond under pressure to emergency situations while maintaining courteous and professional relationships with staff and the public. Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions. Ability to use good judgment and common sense. Ability to follow established safety practices. Ability to work independently and with others. Ability to read and interpret plans (blueprints). Ability to plan and execute new installations including a complete building electric system layout. Ability to estimate time and materials on any electric system installation. Excellent math skills. Excellent in customer service. Effectively organizes work to maximize efficiency.
Must have the necessary qualifications, training, experience and technical knowledge to properly plan, layout, and the installation and repair of wiring apparatus and equipment for electric lights, heat, power and other purposes in accordance with standard rules and regulations governing such work; i.e., the National Electric Code. Ability to perform all functions of the position.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.