JobID 5076 : Custodian (Day and Night positions available) (#1732296)
Riverdale Ridge High School (RRHS), located in School District 27J in the city of Thornton, is currently seeking dedicated and passionate individuals to assist in the roles of day or night custodian. The position will assist in the responsibility of maintaining a clean and safe environment for all.
More information on Riverdale Ridge High School can be found on the following web page: https://www.sd27j.org/rrhs
SALARY: Classified Grade E, $13.34- $16.08 per hour to start, depending on recent relevant experience. 10 hours per day, Tuesday through Friday on the 12-month work schedule. Position eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with event prep for all events at the high school, including parent/teacher conferences, sporting events, and all other after-hours building usage.
- Communicate directly with Head Custodian, Assistant Head Custodian, Principals, Assistant Principals, Athletic Director, teachers, coaches, security, and secretaries one-on-one or via two-way radios to ensure a clean and organized educational atmosphere throughout the school day and during after-hours events.
- All work assigned by the Head Custodian and/or Assistant Head Custodian including but not limited to general cleaning, event prep, general building prep, monitoring hallways/lunchrooms
- Perform snow removal and apply ice melt during the winter months.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license.
- First Aid and CPR certifications, and safety certification required within 6 months after hire.
- OSHA training, HazMat licensing, and BOCES training required within 1 year after hire.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
- Must be able to pass a post offer, pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
- 6 months to 1 year of custodial experience preferred.
- Communication, writing, interpersonal, supervisory, and basic math skills.
- Knowledge of custodial methods and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of maintenance and mechanical systems.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with basic cleaning equipment required.
- Operating knowledge of floor scrubber and all cleaning machines required within 2 months after hire.
- Operating knowledge of snow removal equipment and hand tools required within 6 months after hire.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and operating Microsoft/Google preferred.
Please Note: All posted vacancies in the District close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Time.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
REPORTS TO BUILDING PRINCIPAL/ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL ///// SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ///// DIRECT BANKING REQUIRED ///// AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER /////SCHOOL DISTRICT 27J NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION. No otherwise qualified student, employee, applicant for employment or member of the public shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination under any district program or activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, disability or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age and genetic information is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law. Any person having inquiries concerning the District’s non-discrimination policies should contact: General Counsel, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601, (303) 655-2900 for inquiries regarding Section 504 and the ADA. Contact Chief Human Resources Officer, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601.