JobID 9814 : Middle School Spanish Teacher (#1730419)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Overview of PositionFlagstaff Academy seeks a part time Middle School Spanish Teacher. The candidate is responsible for teaching students in 6th-8th grades a high school level curriculum. The position requires close collaboration with the Middle School team to ensure that there is a meaningful scope and sequence for the middle school Core Knowledge curriculum.
Qualifications soughtWe seek a talented educator who can inspire students and teachers while being inspired by our mission -- “where science and technology take flight.” The successful candidate is expected to deliver dynamic educational experiences with high educational expectations and accountability. Our primary focus is on teaching fluency within the language.
Specifically, we seek an educator with:
- the ability to work collaboratively,
- excellent communication skills,
- a willingness to work closely with families,
- experience working with adolescents,
- credentials as a highly qualified teacher in Colorado.
- effective instructional delivery techniques, like TPRS.
The candidate’s pedagogy should be student-centered and practiced in differentiated instruction. Strong technology skills are highly desired.
Overview of SchoolFlagstaff Academy is a Pre-K through grade 8 public charter school located in Longmont, Colorado and is affiliated with the St Vrain Valley School District. We are a fiscally sound and responsible charter school with a vision for excellence and longevity. In operation since 2005, we have gained a regional reputation for excellence in academic education, especially in science, mathematics, arts, and technology. We boast a qualified staff and low turnover of our professional faculty. Our students go on to the highest echelon of public and private high schools in the area. Teacher salaries are competitive and subject to expertise and experience. Flagstaff Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). The Vision of Flagstaff Academy is to develop students who are equipped to be well-rounded, ethical leaders in the world community with a foundation based on science and technology.
Flagstaff Academy's Mission is to:
- Provide a K-8 Core Knowledge-based education with a science and technology focus that challenges students to achieve their academic potential.
- Supply opportunities for scientific and technological exploration.
- Pursue excellence in every student and employee.
- Promote, value, and recognize academic achievement and creativity.
- Welcome a diverse student population.
- Respect the individual, classroom, school, community, and world.
To apply, send a cover letter of interest, a current resume, licensure details, and three letters of recommendation/reference to email@example.com, or by US mail to Flagstaff Academy, 2040 Miller Drive, Longmont, CO 80501.
St. Vrain Valley School District No. Re1j
395 SOUTH PRATT PARKWAY, LONGMONT, CO 80501
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415