JobID 1095 : Substitute Food Server (#1727087)
Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for the position of FOOD SERVICE SUBSTITUTES. This position is On-Call / As-Needed during the school year. Hours and locations will vary depending on District needs. Pay is $11.10 per hour. Positions will remain open until filled.
- High School Graduate
- Experience: Less than one (1) year job-related experience
- $50 in fees for fingerprinting and background check is required
• Knowledge of commercial food preparation equipment preferred
• Knowledge of kitchen safety requirements according to OSHA
• Effective communication skills, ability to take direction and work independently
• Assists with the daily preparation of school meals, including hot and cold food, setting up and all other functions and phases associated with food preparation
• Maintains daily sanitation practices in the food preparation and serving areas and the dish room
• Assists with the serving of daily meals as assigned
• Monitors the areas for needed refill and changes/resupply
• Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively as a 21st century employee.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• May assist with the operation of the automated point of sale system and other administrative duties
• Willingness to learn job functions that will enhance and promote personal and professional growth
• Ability to work cooperatively in a school atmosphere with staff members, students and the public
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language and comply with directions and instructions to complete tasks and establish priorities
• Physical strength and coordination to operate the kitchen equipment and to stand and walk for up to 8 hours per day
• Ability to maintain control under pressure
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Possess adequate vision and hearing
• Ability to perform light lifting and moving of product (up to 50lbs).
• Work environment is fast paced, structured timelines, collaborative, and indoors except for assistance with deliveries
TO APPLY: Complete a district application online at www.canoncityschools.org, Cañon City Schools (School District Fremont RE-1), 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, CO 81212. Inquiries may be made to Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, or Janelle Grooms, Nutrition Services Coordinator, at 719-276-5700.
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, School District Fremont RE-1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. Complaints may be filed verbally, in writing or anonymously. If you wish to file a complaint using the district complaint form, please submit to: Mrs. Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, Title IX, Section 504, and Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, Colorado 81212 – Telephone: (719)276-5700