JobID 1094 : Substitute Paraprofessional (#1727076)
Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for the position of SUBSTITUTE PARAPROFESSIONALS AND SUBSTITUTE AIDES. These positions are On-Call/As-Needed during the school year. Hours and locations will vary depending on District needs. Pay is $11.10 per hour.
- Paraprofessionals must meet proficiency on paraprofessional assessment or possess an AA Degree or the equivalency of two years of undergraduate college classes (approximately 48 hours)
- Aide positions require a high school diploma
- Ability to work cooperatively in a school atmosphere with staff members, students and the public
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language and comply with directions and instructions to complete tasks and establish priorities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- $50.00 fees for fingerprinting and background check is required
Position Duties Include:
- Demonstrate reliability in all work situations
- Present a professional appearance personally and in the work area
- Promote and maintain positive working relationships with peers, students, parents and the public
- Be knowledgeable about the job
- Always strive to stay on task and produce high quality work
- Model the District's Mission and Belief Statements
- Under the direction of the supervising teacher, implement schedules and routines, work 1-to-1, in small groups or in full classroom settings, complete and perform clerical tasks, and support school-wide and classroom management plans
- Meet the educational, physical and emotional needs of students assigned
- Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively as a 21st century employee.
- Assist with supervisory, clerical or other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with a variety of students with special needs
- May include outside supervision in inclement weather
- Flexible, positive attitude, patient
- Exceptionally reliable and dependable
- Ability to balance self-initiative with directions from supervisors
- Effective behavior management strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
A district application must be completed online at www.canoncityschools.org. Only complete and submitted applications can be considered. Inquiries may be made to Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, CO, 81212, 719-276-5700.
Nondiscrimination/Equal OpportunityIn compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, School District Fremont RE-1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. Complaints may be filed verbally, in writing or anonymously. If you wish to file a complaint using the district complaint form, please submit to: Mrs. Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, Title IX, Section 504, and Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, Colorado 81212 – Telephone: (719)276-5700