JobID 1093 : Substitute Health Technician (#1727066)
Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for SUBSTITUTE HEALTH TECHNICIAN. This position is On-Call / As-Needed during the school year. Hours and locations will vary depending on District needs. Hourly pay is $11.10.
- High School Diploma
- Effective Communication and Social Skills
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate required
- Positive individual with neat, clean appearance; pleasant personality
- Ability to work cooperatively in a school atmosphere with staff members, students and the public
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language and comply with directions and instructions to complete tasks and establish priorities
- Proven work record demonstrating reliability, flexibility, and initiative
- Applicant must work well with children and with adults
- Must be comfortable with medical emergencies
- $50.00 fee for fingerprinting and background check is required
- Demonstrate reliability in all work situations
- Present a professional appearance personally and in the work area
- Promote and maintain positive working relationships with peers, students, and the public
- Be knowledgeable about the job
- Possess adequate office skills-minimal typing, filing, management of student health files
- Able to administer basic first aid
- Keep confidential all school health related matters
- Exercise reasonable judgment in calling the District Nurse(s) for situations exceeding the employee’s training level
- Model the District's Mission and Belief Statements
- Under the direction of the District Nurse(s) and the site administrator(s), implement schedules and routines, effectively communicate with public and other building personnel, and support school-wide building management and culture plans.
- Meet the safety, physical and emotional needs of students
- Maintain health history information for students
- Maintain frequent communication with parents of students who are ill, injured or on a Health Action Plan
- When deemed necessary by the District Nurse(s), transport ill or injured students
- Record daily absences and health issues/office visits
- Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively as a 21st century employee.
- Assist with other job-related duties as assigned.
TO APPLY: Complete a district application online at www.canoncityschools.org, Cañon City Schools (School District Fremont RE-1), 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, CO 81212. Inquiries may be made to Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, 719-276-5700. The position will remain open until filled.
Nondiscrimination/Equal OpportunityIn compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, School District Fremont RE-1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. Complaints may be filed verbally, in writing or anonymously. If you wish to file a complaint using the district complaint form, please submit to: Mrs. Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, Title IX, Section 504, and Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, Colorado 81212 – Telephone: (719)276-5700