JobID 1090 : Substitute/Activity Bus Driver (#1727015)
Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for the position of Substitute/Activity Bus Driver. This position is On-Call / As-Needed during the school year. Hours and locations will vary depending on District needs. Pay is $13.60. This position will remain open until filled.
- CDL license required; preferred BP-2 endorsement
- Positive individual with neat, clean appearance; pleasant, courteous demeanor
- Proven work record demonstrating reliability, flexibility and initiative
- $50.00 fees for fingerprinting and background check is required
- Ability & demeanor to instruct & control large groups of children or special needs children while safely driving bus
- Knowledge of discipline strategies preferred
- Able to pass written tests and First Aid/CPR course
- High School education is required; minimum age of 21
- Excellent driving record
- Must be willing to pay fee for CDL Physical and Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Operates assigned school bus in compliance with procedures contained in the District’s policy and procedures, including all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs daily pre and post route safety inspections on assigned vehicle. Services vehicle as required.
- Maintains student conduct that insures the safety of all students.
- Coordinates with dispatch and scheduling personnel to insure all required information is current and accurate.
- Completes appropriate paperwork in a timely manner.
- Attends training programs, meetings and in-services as required by the District or the state.
- Administers first aid as necessary.
- Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively as a 21st century employee.
- Reports all accidents/incidents immediately to transportation management or appropriate authorities.
TO APPLY: Complete a district application online at www.canoncityschools.org, Cañon City Schools Fremont RE-1, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, CO 81212. Inquiries may be made to Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, or Taryn Browne, Transportation Coordinator, 719-276-5700. Applications must be completed and submitted to be considered.
Nondiscrimination/Equal OpportunityIn compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, School District Fremont RE-1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. Complaints may be filed verbally, in writing or anonymously. If you wish to file a complaint using the district complaint form, please submit to: Mrs. Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, Title IX, Section 504, and Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, Colorado 81212 – Telephone: (719)276-5700