JobID 1089 : Substitute School Bus Aide (#1726979)
Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL BUS AIDE for the Transportation Department. This position is On-Call/As-Needed during the school year. Hours will vary depending on District needs. Pay is $11.10 per hour.
- Must pass background check
- Ability to work cooperatively in a school atmosphere with staff members, students and the public
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language and comply with directions and instructions to complete tasks and establish priorities.
- Physical strength and coordination to operate the equipment listed and to stand and walk for up to 3.75 hours per day in all weather conditions and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must pass pre-employment physical
- Ability to maintain control under pressure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess adequate vision and hearing
SKILL / ABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Flexibility in adapting to a variety of scheduling and program needs
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written and ability to work effectively with co-workers
- Strong patience and problem-solving skills; Ability to work with a variety of students with special needs
- Applicants must enjoy working with elementary through high school age students that have a variety of needs and abilities; Ability to effectively respond to student behaviors and needs
- Ability to function effectively as a 21st century employee
- Willingness and ability to work independently with large groups of students
- Dependable, honest and flexible and ability to meet established performance standards
- Able to remain calm in stressful situations
A district application must be completed online at www.canoncityschools.org.
Inquiries may be made to Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, Cañon City Schools, 101 N. 14th St., Cañon City, CO 81212 (719) 276-5700. Applications must be complete to be considered.
Nondiscrimination/Equal OpportunityIn compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, School District Fremont RE-1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. Complaints may be filed verbally, in writing or anonymously. If you wish to file a complaint using the district complaint form, please submit to: Mrs. Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, Title IX, Section 504, and Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, Colorado 81212 – Telephone: (719)276-5700