JobID 1670 : COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR (#1716429)
Job | Posted a month ago
Job Summary: The overall role of the Compliance Coordinator is to provide broad support to the Student Services Department in the area of IDEA and Section 504 compliance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- A current State of Arizona Department of Education certificate related to special education or a current Arizona license to deliver OT, PT, or Speech services
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in special education or any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved
- Experience in providing professional development to large groups
- Experience with diverse populations (English Language Learners (ELLs), Special Education)
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Possess strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation and advising Director of Student Services on needed actions.
- Provide support for systems, procedures, and policies related to Section 504/ADA and IDEA.
- Provide differentiated individual training based upon unique individual compliance needs.
- Conduct ongoing review and monitoring of IEPs, evaluation reports, prior written notices and Section 504 plans for compliance and best practices.
- Provide ongoing feedback and training to staff based on electronic and paper file reviews of IEPs, evaluation reports, prior written notices and Section 504 plans.
- Facilitate the implementation of the district’s policies and procedures related to Section 504/ADA and IDEA, and ensure that they are applied consistently district-wide.
- Coordinate training for building-level Section 504 Coordinators and special education staff, and ensure that they are informed about their job responsibilities as they apply to IDEA and Section 504 / ADA compliance.
- Collect and maintain all Section 504, IEP and Evaluation data (i.e. Section 504 plans, IEPs, evaluation reports and related records, lists of eligible students, discipline records, etc.).
- Provide ongoing support and training to administrators, district and building-level staff about requirements under Section 504/ADA, IDEA, staff responsibilities, complaint procedures, and related district policies and procedures.
- Provide support in response to Child Find questions and tracking of private school evaluations.
- Attend Evaluations and IEPs as district representative, when neccesary.
- Revise, update, and maintain Special Education Handbook, district website and IEP management system.
- Support Student Services Department for ADE monitoring, compliance requests, file reviews.
- Facilitate Medicaid School Based Claiming.
- Answer inquiries and disseminate information in regard to student records.
- Coordinate with district providers such as health aides and therapists on Medicaid Billing.
- Compile and provide October 1st student roster for Medicaid cost settlement.
- Facilitate health Aide pre-payment review process and manage Medicaid program contacts.
- Register new providers with AHCCCS and National Provider Number.
- Facilitate CPR certification for health aides and update all therapists' licensure and/or certification.
- Monitor Random Moment Time Study.
- Other duties related to compliance as assigned by the district and school administration. .
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 Months
SALARY: Other Certified Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Services
Isaac Elementary District
3348 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85009
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143