JobID 703 : Elementary Teacher-5th Grade (#1715779)
5th Grade Teacher
Campbell Elementary School
Full-time, 172 scheduled working days, 8.5 hours/day, 4-day school week (Tues-Fri)
TITLE: Elementary Classroom Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Appropriate Colorado Department of Education licensure
2. A Bachelors’ Degree
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade education according to each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
1. Teach reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, and health to students in a classroom, using the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
4. Translate lesson plans into learning experiences to best utilize the available time for instruction.
5. Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
6. Evaluate students' academic and social growth, keep appropriate records and prepare progress reports.
7. Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupils’ progress and interpret the school program.
8. Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
9. Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
10. Maintain professional competence through in service education activities provided by the district and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
11. Select and requisition books and instructional aids; maintain required inventory records.
12. Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
13. Administer group standardized tests according to the district testing program.
14. Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
15. Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
Sterling is located in Logan County in the Northeastern corner of Colorado on Interstate 76 alongside the Platte River. Having the largest population, approximately 13,900, in Logan County and much of the surrounding area, Sterling offers shopping, restaurants, numerous parks, a recreation center, access to medical care and is located near North Sterling Reservoir. Sterling is approximately 1 1/2 hours from Denver International Airport and 2 hours from Denver and the front range (I-25 corridor).
RE-1 Valley School District has two high schools, one middle school, one junior high school, three elementary schools and two preschools and serves approximately 2,200 students in the Sterling and Iliff/Crook areas, employing about 500 staff. RE-1 Valley School District utilizes a 4-day school week schedule (Tuesday-Friday).
RE-1 Valley employs highly qualified, dedicated staff who believe our mission is to prepare all students for productive, successful lives beyond school through a balanced curriculum, activities, community experiences, global awareness, high expectations and interaction among students, parents and community. Visit the District website at www.re1valleyschools.org for more information including updated job postings and salary schedules.