CAFETERIA WORKER | INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY (5HRS)
Job | Posted a year ago
TITLE: Food Service Worker B
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To assist in preparing and serving food to students and faculty.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Assists in preparing food including breakfast and/or lunch entrees, salad bar items, at times using equipment such as mixer, slicer, processor and oven.
- Serves food according to designated serving sizes and appropriate health code requirements.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishware, pots, pans, utensils and equipment.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by emptying trash receptacles, sanitizing tables and other surfaces, and disposing of outdated food.
- May serve as cashier in the lunchroom.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of principles and practices of safe food handling.
Knowledge of menus, recipes and food preparation techniques.
Knowledge of safe work practices.
Skill in preparing food by following directions or recipes.
Skill in following oral or written instructions.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. May be subject to extreme temperatures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Six (6) months food service experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provide the knowledge and skills required.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Maricopa County Food Handling Certificate.
Isaac School District
4135 W THOMAS RD, PHOENIX, AZ 85009
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143