JobID 3879 : Building Custodian II (#1707617)
2019/2020 School Year
260 Days per year/5 days per week/ 8 hours per day
Provide leader level guidance and instruction to building engineers. Perform various duties relating to housekeeping sanitation and maintenance.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Basic oral and written communication skills.
- Basic English language skills.
- Basic Interpersonal relations skills.
- Basic math and accounting skills.
- Basic Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Basic Organizational skills.
- Ability to manage confidentially in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- Ability and willingness to carry a pager, be on call and/or respond to calls 24/7.
- Must acquire CPR, First Aid certifications within 1 year of hire.
- Must acquire Asbestos Awareness and Chemical Awareness training within 3 months of hire.
- Must operate floor machines, buffers and carpet cleaning within 3 months of hire.
- Must operate snow removal equipment (ATV) within one month of hire.
1-2 years experience in Custodial/Janitorial work.
- Daily (41%)- Perform housekeeping duties such as cleaning restrooms, dumping trash, moping, sealing and waxing floors, vacuuming, dusting, shampooing carpet, sweeping, etc. May clean swimming pool, shower and locker areas depending on building assignment.
- Daily (15%)- Oversee and supply a general job direction to fulltime Building Engineer 1 Employees, Substitute Building Engineers and Community Service Workers.
- Daily (8%)- Execute maintenance duties such as replacing lights, raising and lowering flags, replacing ceiling tiles, minor plumbing and electrical, install glass, graffiti removal, etc. May check and maintain pool chemical levels in swimming pool depending on building assignment.
- Daily (4%)- Complete paperwork such as restroom logs, supply order forms for cleaning supplies, flags, ice melt, etc. Correspond with staff members, students, district employees and patrons.
- Weekly (2%)- Conduct inspections and complete checklists for playgrounds, roofs, boilers, life safety, etc.
- Daily (5%)- Remove snow/ice and apply ice melt to exterior walks as needed and be on-call for district identified emergency situation.
- Daily (3%)- Remove trash and debris from outside and change exterior trash can liners.
- Daily (3%)- Perform duties outlined on school work orders. In the event you are not qualified to carry out a school work order request you are required to submit a district work orders through your school office for the Maintenance and Grounds department to complete.
- Monthly (2%)- Assist with school fire and emergency drill process and procedure.
- Daily (2%)- Utilize ladders, scaffold, and lifts.
- Daily (3%)- Complete special event setup and internal movement of furniture, equipment, and other items within your assigned school.
- Monthly (2%)- Collaborate with District and School Safety Teams, Risk Management, Grounds Department, and Maintenance Department during emergencies.
- Daily (5%)- Maintain communication with Management, Supervisors, and District via email.
- Ongoing (5%)- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position supervises others – directs and guides work of 1-2 Building Engineer I employees, trains employees assists supervisor with interview/hiring, assists supervisor with appraising performance, and provides input into the performance appraisal.
Chemical resistant gloves, protective clothing, eye protection, and ear protection required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Activities: Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance up to 2/3 of the time. Must be able to sit, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, and smell up to 1/3 of the time.
- Weight and Force Demands: Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs up to 2/3 of the time.
- Mental Functions: Must be able to compare, analyze, communicate, copy, coordinate, compute, synthesize, evaluate, user interpersonal skills, compile, and negotiate up to 1/3 of the time.
- Work Environment: Exposure to wet or humid conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions and vibration up to 1/3 of the time
- Vision Demands: No special vision requirements, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
- Noise Level: Moderate
SALARY: Per the Classified Employee salary schedule. To view current Adams 14 salary schedules, please click here. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer. All new employees must be fingerprinted per H.B. 90-1077 at a cost of $40.00 to the employee.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at http://www.adams14.org/. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.