JobID 7723 : Bilingual (Spanish) ELL Associate Instructor (#1706621)
The CREC Academy of Aerospace and Engineering is seeking an ELL Associate Instructor who will, under the general direction of the ELL Curriculum Specialist or Administrator, provide direct instructional support to ELL students for the 2019-2020 school year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with identifying and reporting all incoming ELL students.
- Assist with parent notification and ongoing communication.
- Creates and follows an ELL student schedule providing appropriate student grouping and service time.
- Provides an effective learning environment for every student through comprehensive push-in/pull-out instruction in both language acquisition and content areas.
- Uses appropriate materials to support teaching, including technology and communicates the need for additional supplies.
- Monitors and assesses student performance and progress through lessons, assignments, and formative/summative assessments.
- Communicates effectively and interacts with a diverse ethnic and socio-economic population in English and Spanish.
- Collaborates and maintains communication with general classroom teachers, interventionists, support staff and other educational team members.
- Administers the annual language assessment.
- Completes Individual Student Plans (ISP), progress reports, PPT reports and other necessary forms in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Attends ELL department meetings, quarterly Title III ELL Consortium meetings and other meetings involving ELL students.
- Performs other assigned duties.